This was apparently a long-awaited-for post. I was deciding whether or not to upload this composite. I was not completely happy with the “green version” of this because the water drops did not blend that well with the shapes in the background photo. I decided to put it on a black background to see the effect it would have; I like the simplicity of it. To give it more dimension, I added a glow from the bottom left corner and a neon line. It took a lot of blocks and layers in Photoshop. Through this process, I became more comfortable with managing layers. Next time, I think a little more planning beforehand would have been better and would have made for a much less painful process. I really liked how the wave at the bottom turned out. the shape was able to fit the way I wanted it to fit into the photo.
Since last year, I have always had “re-shoot waterdrops” on my photo list. This weekend I got around to it. Despite not having done anything to do with the external flash for a very long time, I figured out the set-up very quickly. I’d say the second time around went way smoother, compared to last year. I was able to focus on getting the shoot instead of the technicalities behind it. The splash would be light up by the flash and that would indicate to me if I had gotten the shot or not. This skill was something I have developed.